For many people, a new year is a time for change and new beginnings.
Why not make a remodeled bathroom a part of the change?
New beginnings are way more fun in a new bathroom!
Interested in what’s on trend for the new year in materials, color, and plumbing?
Pour a cup of tea, put your feet up, and peruse all the fun choices for your renovated bathroom.
No longer are standard tiles all rage. The simple tiles are on their way out and they’re being replaced by a whole host of other styles and options.
- Geometric is the way to go. Geometrically shaped tile will give the bathroom a uniquely modern vibe.
- Look for an eclectic layout. Go with a mosaic, mural, or any other design that’s unique and different. Don’t be afraid to get a little bold with the patterns, though keep the colors subdued.
- Tile with terracotta. Terracotta tile is all the rage in the new year. Stick with a matte finish for the most up-to-date look.
- Slate is in style. 2017’s trends are full of natural materials and muted colors. It doesn’t get much more natural than slate! It looks striking and will definitely make a style statement.
- Tile with texture. Give your bathroom a little 3-D tile makeover. It’s a bold choice; stay with one color to keep from overwhelming your space.
2017 will see an inpouring of natural, organic materials in the bathroom.
- Wood is wonderful. Wood will be popular everywhere from flooring to walls and even tubs! It can also be used as an accent piece for people who want just a taste but aren’t ready to go all-out.
- Plants aplenty. Live greenery in the bathroom is a way of bringing the outdoors in. Do some research to find out which plants grow best in a moist bathroom environment, but begonias, aloe vera, and bamboo are all good choices.
- Gorgeous glass. From all-glass shower doors to glass accent pieces, this time-tested material will be a big hit for bathrooms this year.
- Try natural stone. In keeping with the natural, earthy feel that is going to be common in 2017, natural stone is an easy choice. It can be on the expensive side, but there are less pricey options that offer a “natural look” without the price tag of the real thing.
Remember, it’s all about minimalism and simplicity, so it should come as no surprise that the on-trend colors are soft neutrals.
Check out these color guidelines to steer you in the right direction:
- Matte is where it’s at. No more high-gloss. Stick with flat finishes for paint, tile, and accessories.
- Stay safe with nudes, neutrals, and grays. Soft tones are the way to go. Gray is going to be big so be prepared to have a ton of options for materials and decor.
The bathroom is where form has to meet function.
Always remember to talk to a contractor before purchasing a big item like a sink or bathtub. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Bold bathtubs. Bathtubs in 2017 are all about shape. Go for one with an unusual shape — like square, egg-shaped, round, or even trapezoid — for the most up-to-the-minute look.
- Savvy sinks. Think sleek. Clean lines and wide trough sinks blend seamlessly with a natural, minimalistic new bathroom.
- Faucets with flash. Copper is out — gold and brass are in. Choose a matte or brushed finish to stick with the muted theme.
Don’t be afraid to pick and choose, mix and match, to create the space that you want.
Our bathroom remodeling specialists are happy to help you make the important decisions and determine what will work in your space. Give us a call today!