Valentine’s Day has a way of bringing about those mushy feelings.
It can be a day full of romance and fun.
But why limit it to one day?
Why not surprise your sweetheart with something that will knock their socks off all year long?
What about something that both of you could enjoy?
Sounds good, right?
Creating a romantic bathroom will keep that lovin’ feeling going for much longer than just one day.
Turn your bathroom into a romantic retreat
Here are some great ideas to turn your bathroom into a cozy, romantic place you won’t want to leave. Some of the items on this list are major renovations that would be a little more time and labor-intensive, but others are quick and easy ways to spread the love all year long.
- Whirlpool or jacuzzi tub. Turn on those jets and relax with your sweetheart.
- Create a soft glow with candles. Enhance the romantic ambiance as you soak in the tub or enjoy a hot shower. Go the extra mile and have some shelving installed that’s just for rows and rows of candles. Choose your loved one’s favorite scents and lower the lights!
- Tropical paradise. If you’re up for a whole room redo consider bringing in a tropical vibe. How about a garden tub? Plenty of room for two! Choose rich, dark wood and bring in some bamboo accents into the decor and you’ll be transported to the tropics in no time.
- Install some double sinks. Maybe your honey would rather not share a sink while he brushes his teeth. Double sinks could be a great solution and it’s a gift that gives all year-round. He’s sure to appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- Tempting textiles. Having to leave your warm cozy bath won’t seem so bad if you can step out onto a soft fluffy rug and wrap up in the softest, most luxurious towels you can find. It’s worth every penny.
- A bathroom fireplace. Imagine how sweet it would be to have a soothing soak in a tub next to a fireplace? Warm, toasty, and delightful! This trend is bound to last because it’s just that perfect.
- Add some mood lighting. Different types of lighting are necessary for a bathroom. Install a variety so that you’re covered for whatever function the room is being used for at the time. Brighter lights are good for when you’re preparing for the day, but you also need to be able to have a softer lighting approach for those times when you’re ready to kick back and relax.
- Soothing tunes. Mood music is a must. Install some discreet speakers and enjoy listening to your favorite music as you take a warm bath or a steamy shower. Keep in mind that special speakers made to withstand the dampness of the bathroom do exist!
- Don’t forget to add some extra-special touches. Soap petals that look like rose petals are nice touch and you won’t have to worry about them wilting like the real thing. Get a bath caddy that has a wine holder as well as a candle holder. You know your special someone better than anyone. Think about what brings them joy and add that to the romance of the room.
Take the initiative and make a change in your bathroom that shows that romance isn’t just for one day! Your thoughtfulness will be appreciated!
For the bigger projects mentioned, you’ll definitely want to consult a contractor. They’ll be happy to help you pull off the romantic-styled bathroom of your dreams.